More E-Mail information
Account migration for old accounts
Active students with old Exchange accounts can migrate their account to the cloud-based service Office 365 by Microsoft.
- FH JOANNEUM Info page for Office 365
- Project and product overview for NEW students (PDF, Login with FH account required)
- Project and product overview for CURRENT students (PDF, Login with FH account required)
- Migration manual (PDF, Login with FH account required)
Changes after migrating your account
- Email storage capacity increases to 25GB
- Online apps Lync Online, Sharepoint Online + SkyDrive Pro and Office Web Apps become available until graduation
- Primary mail address changes: firstname.lastname@example.org (old address will continue working for receiving mails)
- Logging in to Outlook Web Access must be done with the new address, password stays the same
- Changing your FH password will stop working from Outlook Web Access; use the ZIT Password Administration page instead.
FH-internal Microsoft Exchange Account
Every student and employee at the FH JOANNEUM receives their own e-mail address upon joining. Until 2013, the address was usually structured like this:
- Students: email@example.com (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Employees/teachers: email@example.com
Student mailboxes have the following limits:
- 90 MB (warning)
- 95 MB (cannot send mails)
- 100 MB (mailbox locked)
When your mailbox is full (locked), you cannot receive new mails until you free up some space. When deleting old mails, make sure to check the Recycle Bin folder.
Accessing e-mail with external programs (IMAP/POP)
Notice: While you are connected to the FH network, you cannot send mails from non-FH JOANNEUM accounts. This is a measure to prevent spam being sent from malware-infected computers.
Use the following information to configure your e-mail client:
- Mail server: mail.fh-joanneum.at
- Security: SSL/TLS
- Port: 995
- Username: technikum\(your FH username)
- Password: (your FH password)
- Authentification method: normal password
SMTP - hints and settings
The FH JOANNEUM SMTP will not forward requests to external SMTPs to prevent spam. This means that sending mails from other SMTPs (e.g. GMX, GMail etc.) will not work, while you are connected to the FH network.
- SMTP server: smtp.fh-joanneum.at
- Port: 25 (default)
- Use username and password: Yes (Your FH username. You will be asked for a password upon sending your first mail.)
- Use secure authentification: Yes
- Security: STARTTLS, if possible