Frequently asked questions
Wifi doesn't work?
There might be multiple reasons for the wifi to have problems.
- When you have trouble connecting with an Android device, you probably have to select MSCHAP-V2 in the wifi connection dialog, for "phase 2 authentication".
- Our wifi hotspots only support up to 64 simultaneous connections. When a hotspot is maxed out, the only solution is to move to another area and connect to another hotspot.
- If you have recently changed your password, you might have to update your devices and applications manually. Also, make sure that you update your password in ALL devices and applications that might have saved credentials or you might accidentally lock your account because your email app tried to connect 5x using the wrong (old) password.
- Android: Settings -> WLAN -> press & hold "wpa4fh" -> change
- macOS: System Settings -> Network -> Deactivate wifi -> More options -> remove "wpa4fh" from the list of known networks -> OK -> Apply -> reactivate wifi and reconnect with "wpa4fh"
- Windows 10: Bottom right, click on the network symbol -> Network and internet settings -> WLAN -> Manage known networks -> select "wpa4fh" -> "Don't save", then reconnect
How do I change my password?
Your Windows password can be changed in the following ways:
- On any Windows computer up to 14 days before the password expires, while logging in
- Using the Passwort Management System, at https://pwms.fh-joanneum.at
Your password expires every 180 days. The last 14 days before expiration, you will receive a daily reminder mail. While logging into Windows on any computer, you will see another reminder that also gives you the opportunity to change your password. Also, please read the Password Policy.
How do I check my e-mail?
How do I access the intranet and servers from home?
Connect using a VPN client.
Where do I get...?
You can find numerous trial versions of many commercial tools at the network path \\metropolis\mediathek$\Exchange. Some freeware and open source software is available as well.
Video & photo cameras, tripods, lights, headphones and much more can be acquired at the Media Center. Please note that students from the Department for Design and Communication have priority over other departments.
Forms and documents
The library offers a comprehensive sortiment of books, magazines, papers and videos.
More information is available at the library website
How do I print something?